Terms And Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE PORTAL OF BRITISH ASSOCIATION OF SPORT REHABILITATORS AND TRAINERS
1. Use of the Portal
The Portal is accessible to the following categories of Registrants and Members:
- Registrants: Graduate and Allied Health Professionals.
- Members: Associate, Affiliate, Student, Non Practicing Graduates.
2. Duration of Use of the Portal
Subject to valid payment of the Subscription Fee payable by you in accordance (as amended or updated from time to time) with the Subscription Fees specified in the Membership Application Form, available at https://basratprod.blob.core.windows.net/docs/profdocs/basrat_membership_application_form_2015.pdf , you will have access to the Portal from the date notified to you by us in writing.
Your access to the Portal shall terminate on the earlier of:
- your subscription period coming to an end (unless you have validly renewed your subscription);
- your BASRaT registration/membership being revoked;
- you being in material breach of these terms and conditions and/or the terms and conditions relating to the site, including but not limited to any misuse of the Portal or the documents therein;
- you requesting voluntary removal from the BASRaT Register (Registrant: Graduate & Allied Health Professionals); or
- you requesting cancellation of your membership (Members: Associate, Affiliate, Student & Non-Practicing Graduates).
3. Access to the Portal
Your access to the Portal shall be subject to your continued acceptance of the following protocols:
- All users must reset their given password upon initial access to the portal.
- Passwords must remain confidential. Any misuse of the portal or the documents therein may result in their access being withdrawn.
- Registrant/member contact details must remain up-to-date, including the “Find a Practitioner” tool on the member homepage.
- All registrants must keep an up-to-date log of CPD hours using the CPD log on the member homepage.
4. Levels of Access to the Portal
The availability of content on the Portal shall be in accordance with your applicable status as stated below.
4.1 Benefits for Registrants
|4.1.1||Graduate registrants will receive professional liability insurance of up to £5million provided by BASRaT and brokered by LFC Graybrook or an equivalent provider and further details can be found at typesofmembership.|
|4.1.2||Access to the BASRaT Portal can include job listings, continuing professional development, news, articles and course listings.|
|4.1.3||Full online access to the BJSM journals.|
|4.1.4||Receive discounted entry to the BASRaT Symposium.|
|4.1.5||Option to include personal and/or business details on the 'Find a Practitioner' database.|
|4.1.6||Access to BASRaT products.|
|4.1.7||Voting rights – To have your say in which professionals will be elected to represent the profession both nationally and internationally and further details can be found at https://basrat.org/home/agm.|
4.2 Benefits for Members
|4.2.1||Access to the BASRaT Portal can include job listings, continuing professional development, news, articles and course listings.|
|4.2.2||Receive discounted entry to the BASRaT Symposium.|
5. Terms of Portal use
6. Other applicable terms
- Our Privacy Notice is available at https://basrat.org/home/PrivacyNotice, which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. By using our Portal, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
7. Information about us
https://basrat.org/Account/Login is a Portal operated by BRITISH ASSOCIATION OF SPORT REHABILITATORS AND TRAINERS ("We" and “Us” and “our” should be interpreted accordingly). We are the UK regulator for Sport Rehabilitation Graduates and our registered office is BASRaT, C/O Directorate of Sport, Exercise and Physiotherapy, School of Health Sciences, University of Salford, Frederick Rd, Salford, M6 6PU.
BASRaT is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
8. Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
9. Changes to our Portal
We may update our Portal from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Portal may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our Portal, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
10. Accessing our Portal
Our Portal is made available subject to payment of a Subscription Fee and registration process.
We do not guarantee that our Portal, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted (including but not limited downtime required to maintain the Portal). Access to our Portal is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Portal without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Portal is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Portal.
Our Portal is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our Portal is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our Portal or any service or product described on our Portal to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our Portal from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
11. Your account and password
You must reset your given password upon initial access to the Portal.
Passwords must remain confidential.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Portal, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Portal for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Portal.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Portal must always be acknowledged if you utilise it (or make reference to it in the process of sharing it or utilising it) with or for third parties.
You must not use any part of the content on our Portal for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
13. Acceptable Use
You may use our Portal only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Portal:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Portal in contravention of the provisions of our terms of Portal use.
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Portal;
- any equipment or network on which our Portal is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Portal; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these acceptable use terms through your use of our site. When a breach of these standards has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability to the fullest extent possible under applicable law for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
14. No reliance on information
The content on our Portal is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Portal.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Portal, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied that the content on our Portal is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
15. Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Portal or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Portal; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Portal; or
- for any loss of employment, earnings or the ability to carry out your profession due to the time taken to process your registration / re-registration and you should follow BASRAT’s guidance on membership renewal available at https://basrat.org/member/renewal.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our Portal for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Portal for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Portal or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Portal. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be provided to you upon request where applicable.
16. Uploading content to our Portal
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Portal, or to make contact with other users of our Portal, you must comply with the content standards set out in Paragraph 13 above.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our Portal will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Portal a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Paragraph 17 below.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Portal constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Portal.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Portal if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Standards in paragraph 13 above.
You acknowledge that the views expressed by other users on our Portal do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
17. Rights you license
When you upload or post content to our Portal, you grant the following licenses the Portal owner, other users of the Portal and third party users of the Portal an exclusive, royalty-free licence to use the content in the UK.
We do not guarantee that our Portal will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Portal. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Portal by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Portal, the server on which our Portal is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Portal. You must not attack our Portal via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you acknowledge that you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and that we will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Portal will cease immediately.
19. Linking to our Portal
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Portal in any website that is not owned by you.
Our Portal must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Portal other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Standards above.
If you wish to make any use of content on our Portal other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
20. Third party links and resources in our Portal
Where our Portal contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only and you acknowledge that we have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Each party shall protect the confidential information of the other party against unauthorised disclosure by using the same degree of care as it takes to preserve and safeguard its own confidential information of a similar nature, being at least a reasonable degree of care.
Confidential information may be disclosed by the receiving party to its employees, affiliates and professional advisers, provided that the recipient is bound in writing to maintain the confidentiality of the confidential information received.
The obligations set out in this paragraph shall not apply to confidential information that the receiving party can demonstrate:
- is or has become publicly known other than through breach of this paragraph; or
- was in the possession of the receiving party prior to disclosure by the other party; or
- was received by the receiving party from an independent third party who has full right of disclosure; or
- was independently developed by the receiving party; or
- was required to be disclosed by a governmental authority, provided that the party subject to such requirement to disclose (if permitted to do so) gives the other party prompt written notice of the requirement.
The obligations of confidentiality in this paragraph shall not be affected by the expiry or termination of this agreement.
Our privacy notice is available at https://basrat.org/home/PrivacyNotice.
22. Applicable law
No one other than a party to this agreement, their successors and permitted assignees, shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
23. Contact us
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org